Mercury Liquid 7439-97-64
Product Name: Mercury Liquid
CAS No.: 7439-97-64
- purity = 99.999%.
- Physical State and appearance: Liquid
- Color: Silver-white
- Odor: odorless
- PH: Not available.
- Vapor Pressure: 0.002 mm Hg @ 25C
- Vapor Density: 7.0
- Taste: Not available.
- Evaporation Rate: Not available.
- Viscosity: 15.5 mP 25 dig C
- Boiling Point: 356.73°C (674.1°F)
- Melting Point: -38.87°C (-38°F)
- Freezing/Melting Point:-38.87 dig C
- Decomposition Temperature: Not available.
- Solubility: Insoluble.
- Specific Gravity/Density: 13.59 (water=1)
- Molecular Formula: Hg
- Molecular Weight: 200.59 g/mole
- Critical Temperature: 1462°C (2663.6°F)
- Vapor Density: 6.93 (Air = 1)
Packaging: packed in 500g bottle or 34.5 kg flasks or iron cylinder
Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Do not store above 25°C (77°F).
Used in the mining industry for extraction of gold and other metals. It is also used in electroplating, photographic developing, fumigation, and as an insecticide